Posts Tagged ‘world’

Better late than never!

Advertisements

Judicial Watch: ‘Imminent’ Terror Attack Warning on US Border

 Friday, 29 Aug 2014 03:16 PM
By Drew MacKenzie
Islamic State and al-Qaida terrorist cells are operating in a Mexican border town and are plotting to attack the United States with car bombs and improvised explosive devices, according to Judicial Watch, citing intelligence sources.A red alert has been issued by Homeland Security, the Justice Department, and the Department of Defense to its agents to actively investigate all possible leads to what the government watchdog group says is “an imminent terrorist threat.”The terror groups have been confirmed as having operatives planning atrocities in Ciudad Juarez, a crime-ridden, drug-trafficking mecca situated across from El Paso, Texas, federal law enforcement, intelligence, and other sources told Judicial Watch.

Officials have picked up radio talk and chatter indicating that the group formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) and al-Qaida groups are going to “carry out an attack on the border,” according to a high-placed source. “It’s coming very soon,” according to the source.

A potential terror attack is so imminent that the commander at the Fort Bliss Army base in El Paso has been informed about the danger, according to another source.

Homeland Security did not respond to repeated inquiries from Judicial Watch about the reports.

The terror alert came just hours after intelligence officials revealed that they are seeing a significant rise in “chatter” among terror groups ahead of the 13th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks on the United States.

The warning also comes in the wake of reports that heavily armed drug cartels are operating along the border in Mexico and have virtually taken control of some regions with no interference from Mexican police, which could create a vacuum that would allow terrorist cells to operate.

The danger has led the Border Patrol to order its officers to avoid crime-infested areas because of the potential of cross-border shooting incidents, Judicial Watch said.  Article taken from: Newsmax

More Related Articles:

 

 

Article by: Michelle Malkin   –  http://michellemalkin.com/

Friday, August 22, 2014

Meet Ali Muhammad Brown. His homicidal Islamic terror spree over the last few months took him from coast to coast. But the usual suspects who decry hate crimes and gun violence haven’t uttered a peep.

For two bloody months, an armed jihadist serial killer ran loose across the country. At least four innocent men died this spring and summer as acts of “vengeance” on behalf of aggrieved Muslims, the self-confessed murderer has now proclaimed. Have you heard about this horror? Probably not.

The usual suspects who decry hate crimes and gun violence haven’t uttered a peep. Why? Like O.J.’s glove: If the narrative don’t fit, you must acquit. The admitted killer will be cast as just another “lone wolf” whose familiar grievances and bloodthirsty Islamic invocations mean nothing.

I say: Enough with the whitewashing. Meet Ali Muhammad Brown. His homicidal Islamic terror spree took him from coast to coast. The 29-year-old career thug admitted to killing Leroy Henderson in Seattle in April; Ahmed Said and Dwone Anderson-Young in Seattle on June 1; and college student Brendan Tevlin, 19, in Essex County, New Jersey, on June 25. Tevlin was gunned down in his family Jeep on his way home from a friend’s house. Ballistics and other evidence linked all the victims to Muhammad Brown. Police apprehended him last month hiding in an encampment near the Watchung Mountains of West Orange, New Jersey.

While he was on the run, he disguised himself in a Muslim keffiyeh. He carried a notebook with jihadist scribblings and advice on evading detection. I obtained the latest charging documents filed in Washington state, which detail the defiant domestic terrorist’s motives.

Muhammad Brown told investigators that Tevlin’s slaying was a “just kill.” The devout Islamic adherent proclaimed: “My mission is vengeance. For the lives, millions of lives are lost every day.” Echoing jihadist Fort Hood mass killer Nidal Hasan, Muhammad Brown cited Muslim deaths in “Iraq, Syria, (and) Afghanistan” as the catalysts for his one-man Islamic terror campaign. “All these lives are taken every single day by America, by this government. So a life for a life.”

When a detective asked him to clarify whether all four murders were “done for vengeance for the actions of the United States in the Middle East,” Muhammad Brown stated unequivocally: “Yes.” He added that he was “just doing (his) small part.”

Seattle’s left-wing mayor, Ed Murray, rushed to issue a statement — which might as well have sported an insipid “Coexist” bumper sticker across the page — asserting that Muhammad Brown’s seething, deadly hatred did “not reflect the values of Muslims.” But the fact is Ali Muhammad Brown has plenty of company. Seattle alone has been a long-festering hotbed of anti-American, anti-Semitic jihadism.

In 2011, a Muslim terror ring led by Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif and Walli Mujahidh plotted “to kill officers and employees of the Department of Defense who worked at the (Military Entrance Processing Stations) located in the Federal Center South building in Seattle, Washington, and to kill other persons assisting such officers and employees in the performance of their duties” using “fully-automatic weapons pistols, and fragmentation grenades.”

In 2007, Seattle jihadist James Ujaama pleaded guilty to terrorism charges related to his plan to establish a terror-training ground in Bly, Oregon. He had previously pleaded guilty to aiding the Taliban.

In 2006, Everett, Washington Islamic revenge-seeker Naveed Haq shot six innocent women and killed one at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle building while spewing anti-Israel hatred and Muslim diatribes.

In 2002, James Ujaama’s mosque leader, Abdul Raheem Al Arshad Ali of the radical Dar-us-Salaam mosque in Seattle’s Central District, was first arrested on illegal weapons charges. He had provided arms to fellow Seattle-area Muslim cleric, Semi Osman. The ethnic Lebanese born in Sierra Leone had served in a naval reserve fueling unit based in Tacoma, Washington. Osman had access to fuel trucks similar to the type used by al-Qaida in the 1996 bombing of the Khobar Towers, which killed 19 U.S. airmen and wounded nearly 400 other Americans. Osman later pleaded guilty to illegal weapons possession.

Another militant Seattle jihadist, Muslim convert Ruben Shumpert (aka Amir Abdul Muhaimin) was arrested after an FBI raid in 2004 for his role in a terror-financing scheme. He skipped out on his sentencing hearing and turned up in Somalia, where he was killed fighting the U.S. military. Terror group al Shabaab hailed Muhaimin as a martyr.

Which brings us back to Ali Muhammad Brown, who had been arrested 10 years ago as part of Muhaimin’s suspected terror-financing ring. A decade later, despite being on the feds’ radar screen, four innocent men are dead at Muhammad Brown’s hand.

These homegrown Muslim haters don’t want to coexist. They want to kill and help fund and train other Islamic killers. They are living and working among us, embedded in local mosques and inside our military. Where are our political leaders? Making Kumbaya excuses, sitting on the sidelines and golfing while homegrown and global jihad burn.

COPYRIGHT 2014 CREATORS.COM

– See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/perspectives/michelle-malkin/2014/08/22/the-jihadi-serial-killer-no-ones-talking-about#sthash.4xjOn6xy.dpuf

Date: August 20, 2014 – 3:45AM

By: Nidal al-Mughrabi and Jeffrey Heller

Smoke billows from an Israeli air strike in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip.
 Smoke billows from an Israeli air strike in Rafah, southern Gaza Strip. Photo: AFP

Gaza: Three rockets fired from Gaza struck southern Israel on Tuesday, breaking a ceasefire, drawing Israeli retaliation and prompting Israel to recall its delegation from already fraught Egyptian-brokered talks in Cairo for an agreement to end the conflict.

The three rockets struck southern Israel, near the city of Beersheba, the Israeli military said, nearly eight hours before a ceasefire – extended by one day on Monday – was due to expire. Two other rockets were intercepted by the Iron Dome anti-missile system over the southern town of Netivot.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attacks, which the military said caused no casualties or damage. Sami Abu Zuhri, a spokesman for Hamas, the dominant movement in the Gaza Strip, said it had no knowledge of any rockets being fired.

A Palestinian boy points up to the sky as he spots two Israeli drones.

A Palestinian boy points up to the sky as he spots two Israeli drones. Photo: AFP
 

“This rocket attack was a grave and direct violation of the ceasefire,” Mark Regev, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said after Beersheba was targeted. A military spokesman said that in response to the salvoes, “terror targets across the Gaza Strip” were attacked.

 Witnesses said Israeli aircraft carried out at least 25 strikes, and hospital officials reported that five Palestinians, two of them children, were wounded. The attacks spurred a new exodus of dozens of Palestinian families who had fled previous fighting and returned home only days ago.

On Mr Netanyahu’s order, Israeli delegates to the indirect talks with the Palestinians, on ending the Gaza war and charting the territory’s future, flew home.

Israel has said repeatedly that it would not negotiate under fire, and Egyptian mediators have been struggling to end the five-week-old Gaza conflict and seal a deal that would open the way for reconstruction aid to flow to the territory of 1.8 million, where thousands of homes have been destroyed.

The Palestinians want Egypt and Israel to lift their blockades of the economically-crippled Gaza Strip that predated the Israeli offensive launched on July 8 after a surge in cross-border rocket fire by Hamas.

The Palestinian Health Ministry put the Gaza death toll at 2,016 and said most were civilians in the small, densely populated coastal territory. Israel said it has killed hundreds of Gaza gunmen in the fighting. Sixty-four Israeli soldiers and three civilians in Israel have been killed.

Before the latest flare-up, Azzam al-Ahmad, senior leader of President Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement, said there had been “no progress on any point” in the negotiations, in which Israel has said ensuring its security was its paramount concern.

Earlier, in Cairo the chief Palestinian delegate to the indirect negotiations with Israel cautioned that violence could erupt anew if the talks failed.

Israel, like Egypt, views Hamas as a security threat and wants guarantees any removal of border restrictions will not result in militant groups obtaining weapons.

“We hope that every minute of the coming 24 hours will be used to reach an agreement, and if not (successful), the circle of violence will continue,” Ahmad said before hostilities resumed.

Reuters, The New York Times

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/ceasefire-shattered-as-rockets-from-gaza-draw-israel-airstrikes-20140820-1061bw.html#ixzz3As9lK4eU